The Holidays

A blog that I follow had this great idea for a fall list. She said that it helped her to give herself a  realistic non-stressful ideal of fun family things to do. I need this! So for the rest of fall and most defiantly for Christmas I am making a list. As part of my list I am adding an old movie list that I would like to add to our yearly tradition :)
Now to find old movies, that is the question!?

Also a lady that I follow on instagram said that she gets all her shopping done early so she can enjoy the holiday season! I love this!! I think it brings it back to focusing on the reason for the season too. Jesus and family time!

Luke does not like to celebrate Christmas before thanksgiving. This is a challenge, but good. It forces me each year to remember why we have Thanksgiving, and to most of all be thankful! So I wanted to make something that would help us to remember to be thankful in a very personal specific way.
So we made a thankful tree :)


give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17-19



I found a tree outline on Google and had Luke draw it out for us! He is a great artist!
I traced over it with Black and the kids and I colored the tree.


I had to tape the paper together because the bigger construction paper that I had did not have brown. Of Course! 





I had the kids go in the yard and pick some leaves that they wanted to trace. I helped them trace them and they cut them out.



This is what Levi did for half the time we were making our tree :(




I wrote what they were thankful for on their leaves and they glued them on.


We are going to try and add to it every day something else we are thankful for.
What are you thankful for?
I am thankful for Jesus and His love and for you my blog readers. THANK YOU!
love 
B

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,
Hebrews 12:27-29

I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:29-31

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:14-15

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:5-7


Comments

  1. Amen! This is wonderful!!!! So inspiring! Thank you for this post. It's so easy to forget the why when we are too concerned about the when and how. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts