Martin Luther King Jr.

     It's hard to be an American and not know the name Martin Luther King Jr. Today is his day, a day to honor a man who stood for something MOST did not and would not stand for, especially in his time. Not that long ago, something I think we forget to easy, blacks were not treated as people. I am crying as I write this because I hate that any of this ever happened! I am truly sorry, from the bottom of my heart.

     He stood for peaceful protest, nonviolent tactics, love, equality, the poor, Jesus and rights for all mankind. He stood when it was neither easy nor convenient for himself and defiantly NOT popular! But I think that what makes him so unique was that he did it all with love. He could have hated the white people, I honestly don't know how he didn't! But he didn't! He fought the issues, the hate, the sin, the wrong and moved things along in the Civil Rights Movement more than most!

   All this to say a few things.
1. I want to be like him when I grow up!
                         and
2. We are in an age just like him, where we must stand up for the right of a people. That People are the children.  The unborn and the orphan.
 3. We once again must stand against the violence that is being committed to a generation of babies and helpless children.
4.And most important we must do it with love for those who are doing it. With nonviolent tactics (which is not easy for me, I am a fighter!)

     I am so thankful for a man like Martin Luther and I want to honor his memory by doing my best to do what I know He would do if he was still here today! 

Thank you Martin Luther King Jr. and his family. Thank you for all you did, all you sacrificed, and all your love still carries out today.

 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13 



At 33, he was pressing the case of civil rights with President John Kennedy. At 34, he galvanized the nation with his "I Have a Dream" speech. At 35, he won the Nobel Peace Prize. At 39, he was assassinated, but he left a legacy of hope and inspiration that continues today.

To read more and see where I got this ^ info go here.

Love You 
Love
B


Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

Comments

Popular Posts